What's your return policy?
Final Sale? Return Policy?
Every seller sets her individual return policy. Before buying an item, please check the listing to see if they note a return policy or final sale, or inquire with the seller directly. Ask the seller exactly how their return policy works if they offer one.
We ask our sellers to consider these terms if they decide to offer a return policy:
- The buyer must notify you of her intention to return the item within 2 days of receiving it. The item must be returned in the exact condition in which it was sent.
- The buyer must provide a tracking number for the return shipment within 5 days of saying she wants to return it.
- The return shipment must be insured for the purchase value and returned at the buyer's expense.
- The refund will not be provided until the seller receives the returned item and confirms its condition.
- Include your return policy terms directly on your Paypal or Escrow.com invoice and specifically review them with your buyer in advance of the transaction. Do not choose the friends and family option when invoicing with PayPal - this does not offer purchase protection.
Buyer Tips To Avoid Return Issues
- Buy Within Your Size Range
It is important that you buy a dress within your size range. It is much easier to take a dress in a size or two than to try and let it out. Especially if the dress has already been altered; most manufacturers only leave 1/2-1" of materials to allow for letting a dress out.
- Look Up The Designer's Sizing Chart
Every designer will fit differently - try to find the size chart for the dress you are buying to confirm if an unaltered version of the size you are looking to buy would fit, then consider the alterations the seller has done and determine if the dress will work for your body.
- Ask Lots of Questions
Confirm the authenticity and condition of your item. Ask the seller lots of questions about its current condition, the size & alterations done, the color, and ask if they offer a return policy and HOW the return policy works.
- Ask for Pictures
SO IMPORTANT! You need to see the dress in its current condition as of today. An honest seller won’t mind – a scammer will make up a reason they can’t send you pictures of the item as it looks right now in their hands.
Remember, when you pay with a protected form of payment like Paypal or Escrow.com you'll always be able to return an item for a refund if it:
- Doesn't arrive
- Arrives damaged
- Arrives and is not as described in the listing (size, color, designer, style, etc)