How can I tell if my inquiry is authentic?
How to Spot a Fake Inquiry
Scam attempts are common in the online world. As scammers become more sophisticated, it is important to educate yourself about the signs of a fake inquiry - knowledge is the best protection.
Watch For These Signs
- Interested in an immediate purchase, very rushed
- Doesn't ask specific questions about your item
- Wants to communicate off the site
- Wants to make payment via check, cashier's check, wire transfer or money order.
- Wants to use a shipper/third party for sending the dress.
- Asks questions that are clearly indicated in your listing
- Uses poor grammar and/or spelling
- Have a "story" meant to elicit sympathy to try and have you accept different forms of payment or shipping.
- Buyers located overseas claiming to use shipping agents are usually scams. Never pay a shipping agent claiming to be hired by the buyer. Always ship the dress yourself and ship it to the buyer, not a forwarding service.
Make yourself aware of common scams and fraud. Do not believe the promise of large sums of money in exchange for your help.
Our marketplace has secure payment processing integrated into it via Shopify so that you are protected from scammers.