How It Works - Buying
We have been connecting buyers and sellers of new, sample, and pre-owned wedding dresses and bridal party gowns since 2004. Buying and selling with us is safe and simple!
POWD is an online-only bridal marketplace. This means we do not consign or buy gowns, do not have a store location, and every dress and item listing is being sold by a real person just like you.
Take advantage of a free POWD account, giving you access to secure messaging, a dedicated support team, and integrated invoicing with Payment Protection for both our buyers and sellers.
Use our rich search features to browse thousands of gorgeous gowns and accessories. Create a free account to save and sort your favorite listings.
Once you find an item you want to know more about, use the "message seller" button to contact the seller directly. Ask ALL of the questions - confirm the color, sizing, alterations done, and if there is any damage or issues you should know about, etc. Ask for pictures and videos to make sure the item you want to buy is as-described.
- When you find THE dress, you can either communicate directly with the seller to ask more questions. When you are ready to purchase you can simply click "buy this item". For domestic US orders, shipping and full insurance is a flat $50 applied upon checkout. Never transact away from POWD - our Purchase Protection will not apply if you do. Your purchase will only be a pre-authorized payment, we do this to ensure you don't have to wait for a refund if your item is not available.
- Once you purchase your item, we will reach out to the seller to confirm it is available (they have to do this within 72 hours of your order). If it is available, we capture the payment on your card and give the seller another 72 hours to pack and ship the item you purchased - insurance is included for all items that ship from or within the USA.
- Once the seller ships your item you will receive an email with the tracking information - a signature will be required, so be sure to sign up for shipment notifications. If you discover an issue with your shipment while it is in transit reach out to the POWD support team right away.
- After your shipment arrives, inspect your item, try it on, and fall in love! We'll send you an email once it arrives, asking you to confirm within the next 72 hours that your order arrived as described. If you have any issues, reach out to our POWD support team right away detailing what is going on and we'll begin our investigation.
Tips & Tricks For Buying Safely On POWD
There are a couple of ways you can protect yourself during a transaction:
Buy Within Your Size Range
It is important that you buy a dress within your size range. It is much easier to take a dress in a size or two than to try and let it out. Especially if the dress has already been altered; most manufacturers only leave 1/2-1" of materials to allow for letting a dress out.
Look Up The Designer's Sizing Chart
Every designer will fit differently - try to find the size chart for the dress you are buying to confirm if an unaltered version of the size you are looking to buy would fit, then consider the alterations the seller has done and determine if the dress will work for your body.
- Get All of The Details
- Ask Questions. Confirm the authenticity and condition of your item. Ask the seller lots of questions about its current condition, the size & alterations done, the color, and ask if they offer a return policy and HOW the return policy works.
- Ask for Pictures. SO IMPORTANT! You need to see the dress in its current condition as of today. An honest seller won’t mind – a scammer will make up a reason they can’t send you pictures of the item as it looks right now in their hands.
- Take Pictures of The Box and Your Item The Moment It Arrives
- When you receive the dress take pictures of you unpacking the box and of the dress's front/back/fine details while you inspect it.
- Try it on! If you receive a dress that was not as described (damaged or different size/designer than listed etc) please contact us within 72 hours of receiving your item