Refund & Return Policy
All international sales are final - this means it is vitally important that you ask questions and request pictures and videos of your item before you purchase it to confirm its condition and that it will fit. Learn more on this here: How It Works - Buying.
Most dresses and items cannot be returned - it is important to confirm this before you purchase your item. Every seller is a real person just like you and decides if she wants the sale to be final, or not, and will mark directly on the listing in the Return Policy section indicating which it is.
72-Hour Return Window
We don't release payment to the seller until the buyer confirms they received the item as described (or 72 hours pass from when the package is delivered). This means buyers have 72 hours from when they receive their item to inspect it and let our support team know if their item has been misrepresented, or if they need to return it (as per the seller accepting returns).
When buying an item that accepts returns, you can return your item for any reason - just let the POWD team know within 72 hours of your package being delivered.
Return Fee: when buying an item that accepts returns, there is a flat $25.00 USD return fee that is deducted from the buyer's refund (the original shipping fee is non-refundable). The return fee may be waived if the requested return is due to a misrepresented item.
Returns NOT Accepted - Final Sales / International Sales
If the item says returns are not accepted, you will be able to request a return investigation if it arrives misrepresented.
Return Fee: the $25 return fee is waived if the requested return is approved by the POWD team, and is due to a misrepresented item.
Return Eligibility (Domestic Orders Only)
Returns are only valid for items where the seller and buyer are in the same country. If the seller you bought from accepts returns, you can return your item for any reason at all.
Returning a Misrepresented Item (Domestic Orders Only)
If you purchased an item that is Final Sale, and discover an issue when you receive it, you may be eligible for a return with a full refund, or partial refund if you want to keep it, of the purchase value for the following reasons:
- Item is not as described or not authentic
- Wrong item
- Item never arrives
- Item arrives with undisclosed damage
- If the undisclosed damage is repairable, our support team will guide you through your options and work with the seller to come to a resolution that works for both parties - this may include a partial refund if you are happy to keep your item.
- Missing items
- If your item arrives but is missing something that the listing stated it would come with, we will work with your seller to ship the missing item to you. Garment bags are considered to be a bonus item and not required to be included.
To be eligible for a return, where the seller of the item has indicated returns are allowed, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags (if applicable), and in its original packaging.
What is Not Covered | Final Sales & International Sales
- Buyers Remorse - if you did not read the listing description, if the item is not really your style/what you were hoping for.
- Doesn't Fit - read more on this here.
- Acceptable Wear & Tear for New, Sample, and Used Items
- loose threads
- internal marks on the lining or underlayers that are not visible while worn
- loosened bodice lining
- marks from touching other objects or the floor
- pet fur
- marks inside the neckline or straps from makeup or self-tanner (not visible from the outside)
missing or loosened buttons, beads, or gems
Concerns of this nature will be assessed on an individual basis by our team.
- Returns submitted after the 72-hour window is closed or items sent back without first requesting a return (these returns will not be accepted).
- International Shipments - if you purchased an item that is located in a different country your order will be considered a final sale. It is the responsibility of the buyer to perform their due diligence. This means asking for pictures and videos to verify the condition and authenticity of the item before purchasing it and asking questions about any alterations done to confirm sizing.
- Transactions Offsite - only items purchased directly through the POWD marketplace are eligible for a refund.
- Listing Fee - once a listing goes live on the POWD marketplace the fee is non-refundable.
- Shipping Fee - for regular returns, the shipping fee is non-refundable.
How To Request A Return - Click Here to Learn More
Reduce The Risk Before You Buy
Final Sale or Return Policy?
Every seller sets her individual return policy. Before buying an item, please check the listing to see if they note a return policy or final sale.
Buy Within Your Size Range.
It is important that you buy a dress within your size range. It is much easier to take a dress in a size or two than to try and let it out. Especially if the dress has already been altered; most manufacturers only leave 1/2-1" of materials to allow for letting a dress out.
Ask Lots of Questions.
Confirm the authenticity and condition of your item. Ask the seller lots of questions about its current condition, the size & alterations done, the color etc.
Ask for Pictures & Videos.
SO IMPORTANT! You need to see the dress in its current condition as of today. An honest seller won’t mind – a scammer will make up a reason they can’t send you pictures of the item as it looks right now in their hands.
You can always contact us for any return questions at email@example.com.
Refused or Return to Sender Shipments
Final Sale Items
If you refuse to accept your shipment or abandon it at UPS, your purchase will not be refunded. After your item is returned to the sender, you will be invoiced for the shipping cost to send it back to you. If you refuse to pay for the return shipping, your purchase will not be refunded and your item will not be shipped back to you.
After 30 days pass from your item being returned to the sender, it will be considered abandoned and will be listed again for sale by POWD.
Items Allowing Returns
Domestic sales only. You will be charged the return shipping costs, deducted from your refund.