How It Works - Selling
We are an online-only bridal marketplace. Since 2004, we have been connecting buyers and sellers of new, sample, and pre-owned wedding items.
Selling with us is safe and simple!
Take advantage of a free POWD account, giving you access to secure messaging, a dedicated support team, and secure integrated invoicing with Payment Protection for both our buyers and sellers.
What can I sell?
We accept wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, flower girl dresses, mother-of-the-bride/groom dresses, and wedding accessories.
They can be:
- New (un-altered)
- New (altered)
- Store floor samples
How Does Selling Work?
- List Your Dress
We charge a one-time $25 listing fee upfront to post your new or used wedding dress until it sells ($5 per accessory or bridal party dress). There are no renewal fees. You’ll keep the dress or item with you until sold. You decided on the selling price and if you want to accept offers or returns.
- Talk With Interested Buyers
Interested brides will message you through your POWD account, you will get an email notification to log in to your account to see the buyer's message.
From directly inside our built-in messaging system you will be able to chat with and send pictures/videos to your inquiring buyers. Discuss the condition, size, color, and anything else that they should know about your beautiful item before they buy it. The fewer surprises for the buyer the more likely your item won't be returned for being misrepresented.
Buyers can buy your item directly through our marketplace via our secure payment system - we cover the processing fees and remove your risk of fraudulent buyers. You'll get a message from us when your item sells, asking you to confirm it is available.
- Ship It
After you confirm availability, we'll get your box measurements from you and provide you a prepaid and insured shipping label. You will need to buy a box, take pictures/videos of your item in its current condition, and properly package it for safe transit. Learn how to How To Pack & Ship Your Wedding Dress.
We'll monitor the shipment and make sure it arrives safely to your buyer. If there are any issues, we will coordinate with UPS to resolve them and will keep you in the loop.
- Get Paid
Your buyer has 72 hours from when she receives her package to confirm it arrived in the expected condition. This means that when the 72-hour window closes, or your buyer confirms with us that all is well, we’ll connect with you to organize your sale payment, which is 80% of the listing price, via PayPal, ACH, or check. If you are a bridal salon, your commission will be 85%.
We believe knowledge is power and can prevent you from getting burned by a fraudulent buyer.
- 🚩 Watch for red flags - How can I tell if an interested buyer is authentic?
- 💰Never transact off the marketplace - buyers and sellers that complete a purchase outside of the POWD marketplace put themselves at risk. If something happens, neither side will be protected by POWD's Purchase Protection.
- 💌Always communicate on POWD - you can send and receive pictures, videos, and even use our video call feature
- 🚫Never share personal information - you do not need to share your email, your full name, your SSN, your phone number, or your mailing address to complete a sale. No personal information is needed. You'll be able to send/receive pictures and videos, as well as have a video call if needed directly within your POWD account inbox🙌🏻.